Sunday, June 7, 2009

tasty, easy recipe

This picture from the weekend has nothing to do with this post...except that both in this picture are tasty and sweet...but rarely sour.  And the little one is easy, but come to think of it, so is the big one... I digress.

Here's a recipe that I made up this past week on one of those nights when I didn't have a plan for dinner.  I just grabbed a couple of things from the pantry and fridge and put them together and it turned out great, so I thought I'd share.

Sweet and Sour Chicken:

3-4 chicken breasts, cut up and saute, season to taste
Add 1/2 jar peach salsa (I used Newman's Own, yummy)
Pour in 1 can pineapple chunks and juice

Simmer until chicken is done and sauce has slightly thickened.
Serve over sticky rice with a side of snow peas.

I was expecting more of a Mexican flavor, but it turned out more Asian and very tasty. With a few tweaks, I'm sure this would be a great recipe for the crockpot as well!

No comments: