Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day...

...and what a Father's Day it's turned out to be!

This morning I awoke with what I think is a pinched nerve in my neck/back.  Holy cow...I've never been knocked on my butt quite like this before.  For the whole morning, I wasn't even able to get out of bed and now I'm just creeping around like a little old woman.  And what has my husband been doing today?  Being my hero, of course. 

He's been taking care of 5 little ones and bringing me breakfast in bed...you would have thought it was Mother's Day rather than Father's Day.  I had hoped to give him a special day, but it turned out he's spending the day being the caretaker of us all.  I promised him a Father's Day do-over as soon as I'm up and at 'em again.  Once again today he's reminded me of what a wonderful Father and husband he really is.  Thanks, honey.  I love you!

And, in the spirit of Father's Day....here's a picture of the cute little hip monkey he's been carrying around all morning.

20090616-IMG_4110

No comments: