Monday, March 29, 2010

this and that

After some beautiful weather here last week, we finished off with a weekend full of rain.  I guess it makes you appreciate the sun, right?  I had no idea it rained so much in the part of the country.  It's supposed to rain until Thursday, but then it's supposed to hit the 70s and sunshine this weekend.  Just in time for Easter.  I can't wait.

Ken went on house hunting leave last weekend and checked out the area where we'll be living.  We still don't have a house, but at least we do have a better feel for the area and kind of know what areas we'd like to live in.  We're checking daily online for new listings and hoping to find something soon.  Knowing you're moving soon but not knowing where you're going to live is not a huge deal.  But it is one of those things that sits in the back of your mind until it's settled.
  
We're also trying to figure out our school situation for next year.  School, homeschool, maybe a combination of the two?  Depending on the day you ask me, I will give you completely different thoughts on this.  Most days, I think homeschooling rocks.  Other days, I'm completely overwhelmed and think school sounds a heck of a lot easier.  So many questions, lots to pray about.

And then there's the day to day routine.  My house seems to be falling apart around me right now as I'm struggling to keep up with chores and laundry and school and laundry and dishes and did I mention laundry?  While I was belly aching about such matters, my mom likened it to running a business while being understaffed.  I think that's a great analogy.  There is just not enough of me to get done everything that I feel needs to get done.  

That, and the fact that I'm sometimes lazy and disorganized and undisciplined.  That may have something to do with it, too.  But mostly, there is just a lot more little people in this house than there are of me.  And boy, can they make a mess.  

Especially that little guy.  He's 13 months now.  His favorite hobby is to pull everything off of anything and throw it on the ground.  It's really amazing to watch him go through a room.  He honestly leaves a trail.

And speaking of Nathan, he now has a double ear infection.  Again.  He's the first of our children to ever have ear infections.  Let's just say, they stink.

But lest you think everything is gloomy here right now on this rainy day, here's a picture of some sunshine.
IMG_5998

The kids tied strings to their stuffed animals and did  a puppet show for Nathan.  The ideas they come up with are truly amazing.  Their creativity is awesome.  I'm also loving seeing them playing together so well.  That's one part of homeschooling that is great.
IMG_5997

Seeing my kids loving on each other, playing together and taking care of their brother.  A little bit of sunshine.

4 comments:

Amy said...

what a cute picture!!! I will confess to you what I think you already know. Putting them in school will trade one set of hardships for another. I will pray for wisdom as you guys make this decision.

Jackie said...

What sweet pictures! And sweet kids!

Merrill said...

i love that puppet show- and i love kids that entertain each other!

Cheryl K said...

They are just too cute!
I heard on the news about all of the rain and flooding that RI is getting and thought of y'all. Hope it dries out soon!