Monday, March 15, 2010

springing

Last week was 50 degrees and sunny. It was wonderful. I feel like spring is springing. I won't say spring has sprung, because that would guarantee a snowstorm next week. But I will say spring is springing. It's closer than it was, and we have almost made it through winter in New England.

As the last of the snow started melting a couple of weeks ago, we enjoyed some sledding with friends. The grass was starting to peek through the snow, but that didn't stop the fun.20100214-IMG_5409


The kids bundled and hit the hills.
20100214-IMG_5367

Sledding two by two, one at the time, in trains.
20100214-IMG_5306

Even one on top of the other.20100214-IMG_5283


I love seeing their rosy cheeks against the blue sky and the white snow.
20100214-IMG_5391

The was the posse from our neighborhood. Always together. It was the 2 on the right who moved away last week. The rest of the gang is missing them, but really enjoyed their friendship while they were here.
20100214-IMG_5404

Hopefully, this will be the last of the snow pictures for this year. Ken laughs at me when I say that. It's only March, after all. But I'm hopeful.

This week, we played outside and went to parks and had picnics and didn't wear coats.

Spring is springing.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Looks like fun! But I hear you on Spring coming. I've had just about enough of the snow.