Tuesday, July 27, 2010

17 months tomorrow

A few kids back, I probably couldn't have imagined letting my 16 month old cruise up and down the stairs so freely.  But, then again, a few kids back, I didn't have a Nathan.

20100724-IMG_9834

Stairs?  No problem.  Ladders at the park? Piece of cake. Rock wall? Puh-leeze. And his personal favorite mountain to climb?  The kitchen table, of course.  The boy is a climber.  And a grabber and a runner and a pull-things-out-and-throw-them-on-the-floorer.  Never in 5 children have I had one to keep me as busy as this guy does.  He has given me a whole new respect for the words "all boy".  

20100724-IMG_9831

Thankfully, he's also a smiler and a laugher and a kisser and a hugger.  He really makes everyone's day so much brighter, and I couldn't even begin to imagine these 17 months without him.  

Nathan to some.  Nate to others.  His sisters call him Umi (oo-mee... and no, I don't know why) and I call him Sha-Nay-Nay... (In Living Color, anyone?   I know that's just wrong, but it just comes out).  

Anyway, he answers to it all and seems to know that it means that he's loved.  He really is a joy for all of us, and we just love him to pieces.  

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Sha-nay-nay...heh, heh. He is so cute, Jenny!

Donna said...

Sha-nay-nay happens to be my "stub my toe" or "slam on the brakes" word and unfortunately my kids have picked up on it. Nate is a dollbaby- I LOVE LOVE his dimple!