Wednesday, July 14, 2010

this boy

How I love this boy.  

20100701-IMG_9206

This boy who crawls ever so quietly down the stairs after naptime, so he can surprise me.  This boy who loves to hug his mama and fills my days with "I love you"s and kisses.  This boy who loves to laugh and make up jokes and giggle and dance.  This boy who spends his free time reading a dictionary and falls asleep at night flipping through a thesaurus.

20100701-IMG_9203

This boy, whom I worried might never talk.  This boy who now tells me stories and always asks questions, so eager to learn.  This boy who marches to the beat of his own drum.  This boy, like no other that I've ever known.

20100701-IMG_9205

And I wouldn't trade this boy for the world.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Awww. That grin is adorable.

Jennifer Werneth said...

love the pics! he looks easy to love! oh, and if my kids would actually read a dictionary, i would trade the talking:).

Anonymous said...

I signed the kids up here and Katie had read over 5000 pages to make the top goal! We are lucky to have "readers" in our families!