Thursday, February 4, 2010

simple

This Sunday I got to sit through a whole church service.  Unfortunately, this doesn't happen nearly as much as I would like.  Most weeks I am in the cry room or the nursery or in and out and back and forth.  But this week I got to sit and listen and worship, and it was wonderful.  

Our church is of a more contemporary style that I am accustomed to, and sometimes I really miss the hymns that so speak to my heart.  But this Sunday, as we sang the praise songs, God was gracious to show me Himself in the simplicity.  Some of the songs are the same simple words over and over.  But what I saw, maybe for the first time, was that though these words may have lacked in depth, they were profound truths about who God is.

Sometime I need to go back to the basics.  To tell myself and have told to me the simple truth about my Father.  The simple truth about a God who loves me, who gave Himself for me and will be forever faithful.  As I have been contemplating this simple truth, I have been hearing this song on the radio and God is using it to daily speak to me and remind me of Him.  I hope it speaks to your heart as well.  It is so simple.  And true.

(Turn off the music at the bottom of the blog first, of course.)

1 comment:

Jennifer Werneth said...

beautiful song; i especially love this acoustic version! doesn't he have a fabulous voice? great to focus on the simple truth!