Monday, April 26, 2010

what I'm thinking about right now

"Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord; 
His going out is sure as the dawn; 
He will come to us as the showers, 
as the spring rains that water the earth."
 Hosea 6:3

I've pondering this passage for a couple of days now.  Pondering the concept of pressing on to know the Lord.  Some days it feels like that, doesn't it?  Yet, when we do... He comes to us like a spring rain.  Refreshing and life giving.

We have a busy week ahead of us.  Ken is working on his last presentation before graduation.  Can I get a woo-hoo?  Tomorrow we have our pre-move-out housing inspection.  We're making all the final plans to roll out of here in about 6 weeks.  

Nathan was scheduled for a hearing test this week to see if all these ear infections he's had will warrant tubes.  Yes, they're starting to use the T-word.  That would be a first for our kids, but I'm all for it if it will stop the infections and let him hear.

I take Jacob on Thursday to his first meeting with the speech pathologist.  The first test indicated that there is a need for further evaluation.  We already knew that, but it's nice to have it confirmed by a professional so we can start seeking the help he needs.  I am trying not to worry too much about his developmental delays.  I am starting to see some progress, I think.  Either way, this is the sweet boy that God gave us and I can trust that He knows the plans He has for him.

We're loving the sunshine we've had for the past week.  We filled the sandbox with sand and the water table with water.  Everyone is loving being outside, and Nathan is especially loving being mobile this spring.  We've been collecting snails from the beach and going on lots of walks.  I'm even trying to start running again.  Don't laugh.  It ain't purty.

It's bedtime now for the girls.  The boys are already sleeping.  So, I'm off to do tuck-ins.  Then I have to start cleaning for that inspection.... lest they see how we really live.  

3 comments:

--Shelley said...

Streed did speech for 3 semesters starting at around 3 1/2. It was amazing. He had a speech sound delay. I told his preschool teacher that this year and she was amazed. I hope it goes as well for you and that you begin seeing progress soon. It is so sweet to see them learn to say things correctly. They get so excited.

Jackie said...

It DOES feel like pressing on sometimes. Thanks for the reminder of the reward afterwards. How tragic it would be to stop running and never discover that we had a second wind.

Lee B said...

Jenny, if ya wanna chat about tubes let me know. We've had 6 sets.