Saturday, December 5, 2009

musical beds

Well, today has been much better.  I don't feel like Alexander today.  Not even a little bit. 

 Yesterday we cut down our Christmas tree and decorated the house.  [I would normally insert insane amounts of family photos here, but I still cannot download photos.  I'm hoping that problem will be remedied by Monday.  Fingers crossed.  I'm having photo withdrawals.]

Today  I spent time with my hubby and kiddos.  We made handprint reindeer.  I made cornbread.  We went to a cool cosmic bowling birthday party with friends.  We got to watch Alabama win the SEC championship.  

Outside it is raining and snowing, all icy and cold and nasty.  But inside is toasty and the Christmas tree lights are glowing.   All seems right with the world.

I am, however, very tired and looking forward to sleep tonight.   Last night was a dizzying game of musical beds.  See if you can follow:

I put Nathan down in his bed and Hannah in her bed.  Grace decided to have a sleepover in Claire's bed.  And we started Jacob in our bed, just to keep the peace.  Nathan woke up and I put him back down in his bed.  Ken moved Jacob out of our bed when we went to bed.  And he moved Gracie back to her bed so no one would fall out of bed.  Then Claire woke up with a nosebleed and wound up in our bed.  It got too crowded so Ken put Gracie back in Claire's bed and got in her bed.  Nathan woke up again and I put him back down in his bed.  But Jake woke up too and came into my bed with me and Claire.

After all the bed hopping, I'm a bit tired.  So I'm going to crawl into my own bed now... that is, if it's not already taken.

Good night!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Blog Frog and wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful family!

Donna said...

Let Hannah fix dinner- sounds like she got a good night's sleep. ha!

Merrill said...

that is hilarious!