Saturday, September 19, 2009

the field trip

We had a field trip this Friday to Plymouth, MA.

We saw Plymouth Rock.
20090918-IMG_8856

And toured the Mayflower II.
20090918-IMG_8847

We visited Plimoth Plantation and learned about pilgrims and native people.
20090918-IMG_8771

It was all very interesting and educational.  A fascinating part of our history to be explored.  And admittedly very cool.
20090918-IMG_8822

However, do not be deceived by the smiling children in the pictures.  It was the roadtrip from #!@*! a very long and tiring day for the little ones and I am determined, pilgrims or no pilgrims, to never go there again 
to wait until everyone's a little older before we try it again.

That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I wish I would have known you were going!!! I grew up going there and there is a GREAT seafood place called "The Lobster Hut" that has THE BEST clam strips EVER. And if I remember correctly, across the street, there was this place with a huge mill and one of the little stores sells these "barley pops" that are THE BEST lollipops EVER! But- since you're not going back, you can just wonder about it. DEFINITELY worth the trip back, in my opinion! I have THE BEST memories of going there as a child! Loving that you're living in Newport b/c it's bringing back SO many memories!! (My dad's family is all over RI and MASS) Love to you all!

Dena and Robbie said...

I just had to laugh when I read this post. I know what you are talking about. Since our little guy, the screamer, the field trips have been fewer and considered very carefully. But in a few years it will be so much easier and less exhausting. It has to be. At least that's what I have been told. Have fun on the next one though and keep showing us the pictures. It is amazingly beautiful up there.