Thursday, August 6, 2009

We made it!

We're here!!! And I vow to never do a move again! At least for 10 more months!

It's been a busy and stressful week, but we did make it and after everything settles down, I think we will really like it here. We're not online yet, hopefully tomorrow. I'm just borrowing a friend's computer to let everyone know we've arrived. We actually wound up taking a bit smaller house, so if I gave you our old address, I'll have to send you our new one. We live in a cozy 3 bedroom in a multi-plex! To say we're downsizing is an understatement, but I really think we're going to love it here. I prefer to think of it as "simplifying". We've all made lots of friends already and the area is beautiful.

Some of the fun things we've already heard about and/or found:
a fun beach on base, complete with crabs and starfish
a great farmers market complete with live lobster
sailing lessons for little kids
fun neighbors
2 playgrounds on base
beautiful views from our street
a water taxi that takes us downtown
quaint shops and places to explore
and the list goes on

I'll write more hopefully tomorrow (fingers crossed) when we get service. We have the same email, so if you'd like our new address, just comment or send an email. Thanks for your prayers as we continue to settle! Pictures coming soon! Now, I'm off to unpack more boxes!

5 comments:

Dena and Robbie said...

Welcome to the North East. It is beautiful up this way although we aren't as far north as you guys. I am praying that you settle in quickly and make great encouraging friends even for the little ones. I would love to get your address or email. Call me sometime. I want to catch up. 410-381-2854.
Love ya and love keeping up with the fam through your blog.
Dena

Anonymous said...

Hey! How are you? Christina Davis gave me your blog address. It has been fun to catch up a little with what's been going on with you. are you in the northeast? We are in northeast PA. Anyways, I won't write tons here but here is our email:
cordofthreestrands@hotmail.com
love to all your fam! Al Walters

Maria said...

We are so happy you made it safe and sound (and sane?) :) We definately would love to come visit you while you're on the coast, but we promise not to attempt to stay in your 3 bedroom mansion... We'll find a fun hotel for all the kids to swim at while you and I sip margaritas and let our husbands be on lifeguard duty :) I'll call you soon! Love, Maria

Lindsey said...

glad you made it. sounds like a fun place! hoping everyone adjusts quickly!

Cheryl K said...

Hi Jenny! I'm so jealous that y'all are in Newport. I've been there on vacation a couple of times and my inlaws go every summer. They were stationed there when they first got married. Make sure you go to Block Island sometime.