Wednesday, July 22, 2009

the boys

There's no overtly exciting news to report this week.  Just another week of sorting, cleaning and general move prep.  Ken is doing turnover stuff at work and I'm wrapping up last minute details here.  There are medical records to be picked up, addresses to be changed, appointments to be made and the list goes on.  The kids are getting excited about the move although this will be the first move that will be a little harder for them.  This is the first place they've been in school.  It's also the first place they've really been old enough to make close friends.  I know they will miss them, but we've been singing the "make new friends, keep the old" song alot.  With technology being what it is now, I think we all feel better that we can pretty much keep in touch with anyone, anywhere.

Of course, I did make some time this week to snap a few pictures.  You saw what the girls were up to in my last post, so here's the boys. Nathan is growing so fast and has discovered that he can roll pretty much anywhere he wants to go.  He's still the happiest baby we've ever had and is always making us smile.   He's nearing 20lbs now, so he's no small fry.  He gets lots and lots and lots of love from his siblings.  Almost too much sometimes.   But who wouldn't want to kiss this face, right?


And here's Jakey.  I think we're going to start calling him "slim".  He was by far our fattest baby, but is now growing straight up and not gaining a pound.  The kid has washboard abs and you can see every rib.  We do feed him, but, as his pediatrician says, "his activity level is burning more calories than he's taking in."  No kidding.  He is non-stop action and a comedian as well.

20090711-IMG_5335
Well, that's the boys.   It's now 5:00am and while I've been up, a wee one has wandered into my bed and taken my spot.  So, I guess I'm up for the day.  Hope your day is fun.

No comments: