Thursday, July 23, 2009

boogers

Honest to goodness conversation I had in the car today.

After discussing exactly what a "booger" consists of and correcting one of our daughters on why is is socially incorrect to pick one's nose...

"But why?"

"It's not polite, sweetie.  You should just use a tissue."

"But what if I don't have a tissue."

"Then ask Mom and we'll find one."

"But what if we can't find one, and I really, really have to pick my nose."

At that point, I just dropped the conversation and kept driving.

A few minutes of silence.

"Mom, what if I'm laying the in road  and I can't wipe my nose on the pavement and someone ran over my legs so I can't go get a tissue and my mouth is taped shut but I can't breathe because my nose is so full of boogers.  Then can I pick my nose?"

"Yes, sweetheart.  Then you can pick your nose."

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

Sugar and Spice said...

Hi! I saw your comment on Mckmama! I wanted to share my website with you: Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
I will be donating a portion of all sales to the String of pearls to help families and babies like Stellan! I am trying to get it out there in any way I can! Please let your family, friends etc. I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!! :)
-lexi
Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com