Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day started today with my meager attempt at breakfast for my husband. Waffles and sausage were okay, but syrup would have been nice. We used jelly instead. It was okay, but missing a little something. We didn't try out a new church today, because we can't find anything clean to wear. I know, it doesn't matter what you wear. Blah, blah,, blah. Anyway, most of today has been spent digging out from under our mountains of cardboard and mayham.

Still, in the midst of it all... Ken has managed to be sweet and caring and loving and keep the good attitude that I seem to be lacking right now. He's doing all he can to help us put the house together, yet taking time to play Clue with the kids and set up the sprinkler in the backyard. He's spent his day taking care of me and the kids, just as he does everyday.

20100522-IMG_8133

And I am thankful for him today, just as I am everyday. I am amazed that somehow God gave me a man like this to share my life with. He is a wonderful husband and father, a man of great character, a protector and provider... and today, a bug killer, baby rocker, a box lifter, and assembler of all things.

20100522-IMG_8063

I love you, honey and appreciate all you do everyday for our family. You're my hero.

2 comments:

Jennifer Werneth said...

what a wonderful man that God chose just for you! hoping you feel settled soon and find a church home that you love!

Jackie said...

Aww, what a guy!