Friday, November 6, 2009

past peak

I may have mentioned this... but it really has been a beautiful Fall here.  I say "has been" because even though it is still technically Fall for another month or so, we are now officially "past peak" foliage.  In these parts, that mean that all the breathtakingly gorgeous leaves that have colored the landscapes for the past few weeks are now on the ground.  The trees are beginning to look rather bare and it's getting downright chilly outside.
20091101-IMG_1657
As winter weather sets in, I do have to say that I'm glad we got to experience New England this time of year.  We won't be here for it next year so I snapped a few pictures to remember it by.  The kids enjoyed jumping in a few leaf piles on the crisp sunny days.  I enjoyed looking at Maple leaves through my camera lens.  Just thankful today.  And enjoying beauty.  
20091101-IMG_1655

No comments: