Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall photos

After days of wind and rain (I've now experienced my first Nor'easter), we finally had a crisp, sunny Fall day.  Not wanting to miss the opportunity, I brought the kids outside for some fun fall photos.  I just love pictures of my punkins with punkins.

However, the little man would have none of this.  He doesn't seem to really care that it's his first Fall season, and he wasn't too excited about the pumpkins either.  He tried to gnaw on a few, but wasn't the least bit interested in smiling for the camera.  In fact, I think he was downright annoyed that I was taking his picture.
20091019-IMG_0921


Now, if you've never tried to get a decent picture of 5 little kids together, you should try it sometime.  You know, just for fun.    However, the other kids were most excited about hamming it up for the camera.  We didn't get any "great" pictures, but we'll settle for cute.  The moment was sufficiently captured and that's good enough.  
20091019-IMG_0977

The girls are always full of smiles, Jake usually seems a bit perplexed by the whole process and Nathan just tolerates it all as he tries to wiggle away.
20091019-IMG_0982

I'm not sure if Jake was signaling a touchdown or if he's just stating that he's #1.
20091019-IMG_0994

But this is one is my personal favorite.
20091019-IMG_0993
"It's all for you, Jesus!"

5 comments:

Donna said...

BEAUTIFUL- You really truly have a GORGEOUS family- you could be in a magazine! And managing four out of five smiles is a real victory in photography!

Lindsey said...

i agree with donna. such a beautiful and blessed family!

Jennifer said...

super cute!!

Maria said...

That photo of Nathan reminds me of how you look in the morning before you've had a cup of coffee! :) I love his "not impressed look." He's adorable even when he's grumpy...I wish I could pull that off :)

Jackie said...

Beautiful family. So adorable.