Monday, August 11, 2008

Me too...

Today was the girls' last day of summer vacation. School starts tomorrow, and they are excited to say the least. We've had a fun day of family time and getting everything ready...new backpacks, lunchboxes, school clothes, etc. Tonight, as we were winding down and getting everyone ready for bed, it was pretty much the typical scene. Hannah was in the bathroom, Gracey was looking for PJs, Claire was gathering her toys for bed and Jake was running down the hall trying to avoid being diapered after his bath. In the midst of the craziness, Hannah yells to me to come to the bathroom. I quick poke my head in and she just gives me a big smile and says, "Mom, I'm glad you had all these kids."

Is our house crazy? Absolutely. Loud? Without a doubt. Do I struggle daily with how exactly the Lord will carry us through raising so many so close together? Definitely. But God is God and I am not. He promised me that children are a blessing and I know Him to be faithful. I am slowly and sometimes painfully learning that blessings aren't always in the form of easy and happy but more often in the struggles and trials that make us more like Christ. Without a doubt I know that we are blessed beyond measure and God has given us much more happiness than hard for only reasons His grace can explain.

It's so good of God to give us little doses of affirmation and encouragement when we least expect it. I just smiled at Hannah tonight and said, "Me too." And I meant it. :)

No comments: