Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bear!

Today is my sweet Claire-bear's 6th birthday.  Is my "baby" girl already six?  Of course the time has passed by quickly, but in a way she seems so much older.  She is an old-soul, you might say.  Very wise for her young years.  She's our "little bit", our petite one, so it is always a surprise to hear such mature talk from such a small fry.  And she is cute, beautiful is more like it,  inside and out.  Always smiling and loving her pig-tails.... or "elephant ears".... she's called them that since she was two.  A happy and loving girl, sensitive and her heart always on her sleeve.  Theatrical and passionate, sometimes dramatic but surprisingly calm and level headed for one with such flair.  Quick to dance to any beat and will belt out a tune for any audience willing to look her way.  A heart that loves Jesus and cares for everything, living or not.  Especially those things that are tiny.  Defender of the cat, catcher of bugs, picker of flowers and giver of leaves to Mama.  She laughs at her own jokes and cries at movies.  A brilliant artist with talent beyond her years and an eye for detail.  In drawings and in life.  An honest heart, a friend to everyone, a giver of all that she has and my double hugger at bedtime.

20101106-IMG_1913

You are beautifully made, Claire Rebecca, and I love seeing God use you in His very special way.  You are a gift to me, and I'm so glad I get to be your Mama.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Awww. I think Claire and I would be good friends.

Donna said...

She IS beautiful and you can just see her sweetness.