Saturday, May 8, 2010

to the mamas



Happy Mother's Day....


To my Mama.... who raised me well, who loves me unconditionally, who laughs with me, listens to me and offers advice when needed. I am thankful for her amazing patience and wisdom, for her strength and for her character. For showing me what it means to be a loving wife and an ever giving mother. For teaching me when to be quiet and when to speak up, how to be strong without ever saying a word. She is the picture of the gentle and quiet spirit that I want to be, the pillar of strength for our family and a wealth of wisdom. She is the picture of real and authentic, never fake, yet always gracious, caring and kind. Ever giving and loving to my children in ways that only a Nana can. Always willing to listen to my endless ramblings and share in my ups and downs.... I know this because I still call her every single day. Truly one of my best friends.
20090725-IMG_5758

To my Mema... who raised my mother to be the woman that she is. A picture of strength and of kindness all together. A beautiful lady from whom I have learned the meaning of perserverance and of hope. Her heart is for her family, and her thoughts , always on others rather than herself. A role model of courage and always there to listen.
IMG_1111


To my Grandmama.... because she loves to laugh and she loves to give. Always willing to give of herself, her time, her money, her advice. A true Southern lady in every sense, always willing to put her family first.
IMG_1112


To my mother-in-law.... because she has taken me in and loved me as one of her own. Because she loves my children so well. Because she gave to me one of the most priceless things in her possession... the gift that is my husband. A giving heart like no other who is always willing to put herself aside for the needs of her family. A fountain of wisdom for me to draw from in raising my own children, because she raised hers so well.
20091214-IMG_3414


To Grandmom... because of her gentle presence and encouraging words. Her heart for the Lord and the example she's set. Her amazing faith and the years of wisdom from which she has to glean. Her gentleness and strength, an example for our family and for generations to come.
20090705-IMG_5120


I am thankful for all the Mamas in my life. Thank you for making me into the Mama that I am learning to be and for continuing to set a godly example before our family. We love you.


"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her, "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Proverbs 31:28-29


1 comment:

Lynne said...

Thanks, Jen! Your comments made me cry - in a good way! It's easy to be a good mom with such great kids - you and Kim made it easy. You inspire me in so many ways and make me so proud. I love you so much and am so proud of you. You are one of the wisest people I know and a loving example of what a Christian wife and mother should be. I am truly blessed to be your mom and friend! Love Ya!