Wednesday, May 19, 2010

my cup

One of the mommy bloggers that I read was recently posting thoughts on trials in her life. She posed this thought, or rather her husband did:

What's in your cup is going to spill out when it's knocked out of your hands.

That thought has me thinking.

I've been blessed in so many ways. I can say that, up to now, my cup hasn't been truly knocked out of my hands. But it has been tipped a little bit here and there.

I wish I could say that it's only God's goodness and truth that spill out of my cup, but unfortunately that's not the case.

As my cup gets jostled around, I am often forced with the reality that I have been filling my own cup. I know this because it is then that I see that it is filled with selfishness, pride and my own weak attempts at good deeds.

I want to be filled with Jesus. I want my cup to be overflowing and my life to be evidence of that. I want my cup to be so full that others can taste and see that the Lord is good.

He is the Giver of all good things, the filler of my cup. This morning I again bring Him my emptiness, so I can experience His goodness. And I see again... He never fails me.

He fills my cup. And it runneth over.

1 comment:

Dena and Robbie said...

Amen. I am right there with you sister. Thank you for your honesty and vulnerability. I think we can all relate. I know I can. By God's grace He intervenes and shows Himself to us and through us.