Monday, July 11, 2011

the newest McNeill

The McNeill family has a new member.

This is Max.

20000101-IMG_0033

It's not a real baby... but close. Max is a Golden Retriever puppy that joined our clan yesterday. He is a 10 week old bundle of cuteness, fur and love. And trouble. But aren't all puppies?

We just thought that we weren't really busy enough right now, so perhaps we could train a puppy in all our free time.

The kids adore him.

20000101-IMG_0080

Except when they don't.

20000101-IMG_0081

(Those pictures totally crack me up because 1) they were taken literally 2 seconds apart and 2) because of the mismatched camo paired with one pink shoe?)

We had been telling the kids that once we moved and got settled in that we could get the puppy that they have been so desperately pleading for. Well, we're not settled in, but we have moved. And I think Max is going to make a great addition to our family.

20000101-IMG_0017

Yes, he's going to be a whole lot of work. But as my sweet friend reminded me today, aren't all good things a whole lot of work?

Welcome to the family, Max.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

So cute!!!! (The puppy AND the kids)

Amy said...

fun!!! i like that little garden you have in the yard.

Maria said...

Adorable! But I think he might be too cute to scare away any burglars :) I will have to come visit so that I can meet the newest member of the family :)

Merrill said...

adorable

Merrill said...

reminds me of Marley, the John Grogan dog/book. There are kids books about him too- your kids would love them!