Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kids say the funniest things


Here's a few snippets of real conversations I had with a few of my kids this week:

Claire:  Mommy, will you give me my cup of ice water?

Me:  Where is  your cup?

Claire (being completely sweet and sincere):  Oh, I haven't ordered it yet.  Will you get me a cup of ice water, please?

Well, it works at McDonalds, right?


Yesterday, in a conversation with Grace (my child of many deep thoughts):

Grace:  Mommy, I think that there is food in Heaven.

Me:  Really?

Grace:  Yes, I think they eat bread and grape juice.

Well, makes since to me.


And in yet another conversation with my sweet and sassy 7 year old, I was reminded of how much little ones learn from their friends.  Shudder at the thought.

Hannah (speaking of a neighbor girl who she considers her BFF):  Mom, she's my sister from another mister!

WHAT?!?!?  I suppose I will soon have to explain the intricacies of that statement.  Soon, but not today.  :)

No comments: