Thursday, April 2, 2009

9 years and counting


While visiting my family in Alabama this week, Ken and I will be celebrating 9 years of marriage.  Oh, what a 9 years it's been!  Never in my wildest dreams did I think that marriage could be like this.  God has truly blessed me far beyond measure in the husband that He gave me.  

Thank you, Ken, for loving me so completely, for protecting our family, for providing for us in every way.  Thank you for listening to me, for understanding me, for helping me and for just being there.  For loving me with all that you can and pointing me to the One who truly completes me.  Thank you for leading our family and for your desire to glorify God through that.  Thank you for the wonderful father that you are, the servants heart that you show everyday and the prayers that you offer of behalf of all of us.  Thank you for helping with homework, for cleaning the dishes and, when the chips are down, even folding the laundry.  Thank you for killing the bugs, taking out the garbage, moving the heavy things and cleaning out the cars.  For playing cars with Jake, rocking Nathan and being a hero to our little girls. Thank you for letting me sleep in,  letting me get out and for knowing what I need even better than I do.  Thank you for shoveling the driveway, mowing the grass and moving furniture around over and over.  Thank you for taking us all with you on this adventure in the Navy and being a rock for us at each new duty station.  Thank you for always putting your family first, for loving me as Christ loves the church and living that example of marriage for our children.  Thank you for being everything that I could have hoped for and continuing to be exactly what I need.  Thank you for keeping our marriage fun, exciting and extremely hot even after 9 years.  For calling me everyday from work and for always kissing me hello and goodbye.  Thank you for working so hard at work, being a great officer then coming home and working another full time job taking care of our many small children.  Thank you for encouraging me in everything and forgiving me when I don't deserve it.  Thank you for your steadfastness and patience in the face of our many, many life changes.  Thank you for the 5 beautiful children we have together here and for the one we'll only hold in Heaven.  Thank you for introducing yourself to me 14 years ago, for walking on the beach with me and for asking for my number.  Thank you for marrying me 9 years ago and still choosing us every day.  I love spending my life with you.  Happy Anniversary, honey!

"Put me like a seal over your heart, Like a seal on our arm.  For love is as strong as death, Jeaslousy is as severe as Sheol;  It's flashes are flashes of fire,  The very flame of the Lord.
Many waters cannot quench love,  Nor will rivers overflow it;  If a man were to give all the riches of his house for love, It would be utterly despised."
Song of Songs 8:6,7

2 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beautiful tribute! Helps me to keep hope alive. ;) Congratulations on 9 years...and on the new addition to your family!
Many blessings!
Jackie

Donna said...

Congratulations- what a beautiful couple you were and are! And you have such a beautiful family- I think a big, beautiful family is instant evangelism!